THIS ONLINE AUCTION WILL BEGIN AT NOON CT ON 1/31/19, ENDING AT NOON 2/07/19.
Our website offers proxy bidding so you can simply enter your maximum bid (our system will bid for you in $250 increments) or join in the fun real time. The timer will reset to 90 seconds if there are bids at the end of the auction for your no-sniping protection.
Up for bidding is a 2013 PCA GT4 National Championship winning, 1995 Porsche 993. The vehicle has only been raced one season (2013), fully-refreshed, then raced twice more putting down a lap record at Watkins Glen and was only 2/1000's away from the lap record at Road America! This 993 is a very well engineered car and capable of class lap records at any track...depending on the driver of course.
The street-to-race car conversion began in October 2012 at Dawe's Motorsports with the build being complete in January of 2013. The vehicle was raced for one season and won the 2013 PCA GT4 National Championship. It also set a PCA GT4 class lap record at every track including Sebring, Limerock, COTA, Watkins Glen, NJMP and Summit Point.
The transmission - a Dawe short-geared custom Euro-box - is coupled to the engine via a JB ultra light-weight flywheel and a Tilton / JB triple-disc clutch. For those who appreciate and enjoy a visceral driving experience, this drivetrain coupled with the barbaric sound emanating from the Dawes custom exhaust, is nothing short of mezmorizing.
In terms of suspension components, JRZ triple adjustable motorsport dampers are utilized in conjunction with an RSR front geometry set-up (subframe mounting points moved 3 cm). To achieve maximum weight savings and aerodynamic efficiency, this 993 has had every body panel replaced with fiberglass or S-Glass and consists of a Getty Design wide-body kit, clamshell hood, fenders, bumpers, roof, deck lid and doors. Custom cooling via naca ducts in the hood provide optimal cooling for the upgraded “big red” calipers and Gyrodisc front rotors / hat. Many steps were taken to maximize weight distribution and a favorable center polar moment of inertia, including the customized location of a fuel cell (with quick connect fill port), removal of rear seat area / replace with aluminum fire wall, and the relocation of a new Porsche factory electro-hydraulic RSR power steering pump with custom Dawe trunk mount kit.
This car is an incident free race car, meaning the chassis is straight and the body panels are true. As with all S-glass panels, some surficial "spider cracks" have developed and the car is not without some light road rash - nothing more than what can be expected from some exciting wheel-to-wheel racing.
If you have ever driven a purpose-built 993 race car, you know that it's an extremely rewarding and engaging car to drive. This vehicle is a podium car in PCA and with some modest "detuning" via the Motec, it could be a class leader in NASA GTS4.
- Build complete date: 1/20/13; Refresh in September 2013
- Engine has approx 20 hours
- Kotwica 72.2 mm stroke billet crank, Clevite Racing Rod Bearings
- Daugherty cams custom ground to Dawe specs
- Elite cylinder heads, Farrerra titanium valves, Kauffman valve springs
- Rothsport 48 mm throttle bodies, 997 GT3 intake plenum
- Motec M48 engine management (gamroth ECU connector)
- JPC/Dawe 6 into 2 into 1 exhaust YIKES Pipe
- Clewitt single Flat belt conversion system
Suspension & Steering
- JRZ Triple adjustable Motorsport Dampers
- RSR front geometry (subframe mounting points moved 3 cm)
- ERP spherical suspension
- EVO front uprights
- ERP GT2 front tie rods
- 993 RSR Sway bars
- Monoballs throughout
- Tilt kit
- Steering rack brace
- 997 RSR power steering pump
- New steering rack
- 993 “big reds” twin turbo fronts /Twin Turbo rears
- Gyrodisc front rotors/hats
- Rear oem cross drilled rotors
- Pagid rs29 (yellow) front pads
- Pagid rs14 (black) rear pads
- Functional 3” ducting from hood naca ducts,through unibody to brakes
- ABS cut-off/reset switch on dash
- Custom Dawe/Second Gear rebuild. Refreshed 1/14. No hours
- Porsche motorsport late model LSD (rebuild 5/13)
- Dawe short shift kit
- Getty Evo 2 piece front nose with complete clear bra
- GT2 tail, dawe uprights, Crawford wing, Gurney flap
- Getty wide rear quarters
- Getty Fiberglass Doors (1/15/13)
- Lexan Windshield, quarters, and rear window
- Getty fiberglass roof
- FireSense fire suppression (nozzles in engine bay and driver compartment)
- Cage by Vintage Motorsports, augmented by JPC 1.5 x .120 DOM ($5,000)
- Kill switch
- Brey Krause seat back brace
- Safety solutions C5R kevlar side net
- Window net
- Kirky Aluminum seat and TeamTech 5-point harmness
- 8 CCW forged one-piece wheels
- (1/13) Fronts 10 x 18, rears 11.5 x 18
- Porsche Turbo Twist with Hoosier wets (new 2/14 - 1 cycle)
- Motec CDL dash/data logger
- Cool suit
- Wired for radios (PM750 base radio not included in sale)
- Custom Billet shifter
- Aluminum pedals
- Custom wire harness and centralized fuse box designed by Kevin Dawe
- Odyssey battery and billet mount